Cool concert experiences

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Re: Cool concert experiences

Postby Thumper » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:56 am

Just found out Michael Franti is playing in town Sunday. Won't be able to make it as we will just be getting back from a 7 hour drive from BF Michigan to retrieve The Kid. But wow. Still haven't checked him out but plan to do some youtubing when I get a chance.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Cool but sad. Not me, but sis and b-I-l will be going to one of the Tragically Hip shows in Toronto. The band is on their final tour, as Gord Downie was diagnosed with an inoperable form of brain cancer, last December. Their final show in their hometown of Kingston, Ont. will be broadcast on CBC.
Parrothead

Postby Rommie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 pm

I haven't been to a concert in awhile, but went to a really great one last night with Floris (who came over Saturday so we are in busy "doing fun stuff together" mode), where Imagine Dragons was playing at a really nice open air venue by the water. Got lawn seats and had our blanket, and there's nothing quite like a concert on a summer evening in lawn seats, is there? :)

Beyond a lot of very good and very rock and roll songs and stamina lasting quite a long time- they were on for 1.5 hours with no real breaks- one of the best parts that gives me mad respect for the band is a few songs in the lead came out into the audience on one of his most famous songs ("Whatever it Takes")... all the way to our section of the nosebleed lawn seats! So we got to watch from close up after all, so awesome! :rockon:

Also fun, btw, the opener was actually Grace Vanderwall- remember that cute little girl with the ukulele two years ago on America's Got Talent? She's now all of fourteen, and still got an amazing voice, but definitely has a lot of people "managing" her now and making the songs sound more adult. So quite the voice, but if you watched her on the stage it's still very much a 14 year old, and I confess I felt my age a little bc when I was a teen I would have just thought she's the coolest ever, now I was mainly "wow, I hope you grow up alright."

But yeah, great concert! We should go to more of them. :rockon:
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Rommie wrote:I haven't been to a concert in awhile, but went to a really great one last night with Floris (who came over Saturday so we are in busy "doing fun stuff together" mode), where Imagine Dragons was playing at a really nice open air venue by the water. Got lawn seats and had our blanket, and there's nothing quite like a concert on a summer evening in lawn seats, is there? :)
I was just walking in with a co worker who is taking his kids up to see them at Blossom this weekend. We saw them several years ago at a smaller outdoor venue here in Cbus. Young enthusiastic crowd.

Rommie wrote: But yeah, great concert! We should go to more of them. :rockon:
Yes you should, we all should. 8-)
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Previous

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments