Dory

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Dory

Postby Thumper » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:46 am

Now here's a movie I can love. We were going to see it in FL if we had a bad weather day, but no such luck. :P The Kid say it with a buddy a few days ago and wanted the three of us to see it together. After a short detour rescuing and finding the home of a stray dog, we were on our way yesterday afternoon. I loved it. I loved it almost as much a Nemo. I have no trouble suspending disbelief that fish can talk and have "human" problems and anxieties.
But the character development and investigation was awesome. We were talking about it on the way home. If writers for "kids" movies can write this well, why can't those on the super action blockbuster sh|t bags even try? I like the messages it conveys. I liked everything. Maybe I should just limit my theatre going to Pixar movies.
Oh and the theatre was serving Monster on tap!!!
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Dory

Postby Swift » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Thumper wrote: Maybe I should just limit my theatre going to Pixar movies.

I've thought the same thing for a long time. I've wondered if it was because the company was founded more as a software company than a traditional movie study.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Rommie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Fun fact, one of my astronomer colleague's twin brother was the technical director on Dory (and has been for stuff like Incredibles and Brave). Lots of jokes about how the twin makes far more of a profit from being a geek!

I am really looking forward to Finding Dory. Funny thing is we are planning to go to an all you can eat sushi place near me first which has a tank that has all the Finding Nemo fish in it and then going to the film. :P
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Rommie wrote:Fun fact, one of my astronomer colleague's twin brother was the technical director on Dory (and has been for stuff like Incredibles and Brave). Lots of jokes about how the twin makes far more of a profit from being a geek!

I am really looking forward to Finding Dory. Funny thing is we are planning to go to an all you can eat sushi place near me first which has a tank that has all the Finding Nemo fish in it and then going to the film. :P

Reminds me of the joke about a Seafood Restaurant at Sea World. roll:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:36 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
Rommie wrote:Fun fact, one of my astronomer colleague's twin brother was the technical director on Dory (and has been for stuff like Incredibles and Brave). Lots of jokes about how the twin makes far more of a profit from being a geek!

Reminds me of the joke about a Seafood Restaurant at Sea World. roll:
"Hmm, must have been a slow learner."

Are all you astronomers twins? :P

Hope you enjoy it. Also hope you get the same "short" before the main movie. We really enjoyed it having just come from Siesta Key.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Swift » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Rommie wrote:Funny thing is we are planning to go to an all you can eat sushi place near me first which has a tank that has all the Finding Nemo fish in it and then going to the film. :P

:shock:

Reminds me of the squid I had at a Chinese restaurant right after seeing Alien for the first time.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby hap » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:49 am

We actually have a Sushi restaurant that was right next door to an aquarium and fish store, both fresh and salt water. The fish store is now out of business... :think:
hap

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:10 am

hap wrote:We actually have a Sushi restaurant that was right next door to an aquarium and fish store, both fresh and salt water. The fish store is now out of business... :think:

roll:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:58 am

There is a seafood restaurant - or used to be, don't know about now - at Disney World that opened right when "The Little Mermaid" came out, and had an entire wall that was an aquarium...
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:17 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:There is a seafood restaurant - or used to be, don't know about now - at Disney World that opened right when "The Little Mermaid" came out, and had an entire wall that was an aquarium...

Apparently in 2013 there still was seafood there. :lol: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/04/2 ... ney-world/
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby vendic » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:52 am

Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby Swift » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:38 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:There is a seafood restaurant - or used to be, don't know about now - at Disney World that opened right when "The Little Mermaid" came out, and had an entire wall that was an aquarium...

Whatever you do, don't order the Surf 'n Turf. :shock:

Swift

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments