Kubo and the two strings!

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Kubo and the two strings!

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:43 pm

A pretty awesome animated movie. I think it is based on a Japanese myth/folktale about the Moon King. I cannot find confirmation of that. Took the boy to it. The significance of this is that it was the boy's first movie theatre experience. The venue was a dinner and a movie place that actually has a pretty reasonable menu. The boy chose one of his faves; Mac & Cheese. He was so engrossed in the movie that he never touched his food! It's called Studio Movie Grill. They also have popcorn and candy for the traditionalists.

I think Buster would really enjoy this one but it might be a bit scary for Russter. There were a couple of scenes that the boy felt was a trifle scary for him. No graphic violence but some stylized and highly suggested violence. The IMDB site has a parental recommendation of Okay for small children as rated by actual parents. :P

As for the adults on the board I think many of them would find the story and the animation very well done.

Kubo and the Two Strings is a 2016 American 3D stop-motion fantasy action adventure film, directed by Travis Knight, written by Marc Haimes and Chris Butler, and produced by Laika. The film features the voices of Art Parkinson, Charlize Theron, Matthew McConaughey, Ralph Fiennes, Rooney Mara and George Takei. It was released by Focus Features in the United States on August 19, 2016.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments