Central Intelligence

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Central Intelligence

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 am

Got a few belly laughs out of this one. All three of us (me, vendic, my mom) - Dwayne Johnson has really got a few acting chops. I recommend this movie. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Central Intelligence

Postby geonuc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:01 am

The Rock is a surprisingly good actor. I'll have to see this movie.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 pm

geonuc wrote:The Rock is a surprisingly good actor. I'll have to see this movie.

He is a good actor. I have this tendency to compare him to Arnold Schwarzenegger because they were both into body building, but there really is no comparison. And just yesterday, I saw a video where Johnson talks about when he told his father he wanted to get into performing, and his father thought it was a terrible idea, and told him so. But when he said he was going to do it anyway, his father supported him 100%. That's good parenting, in my I haven't ever parented opinion. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:03 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:
geonuc wrote:The Rock is a surprisingly good actor. I'll have to see this movie.

He is a good actor. I have this tendency to compare him to Arnold Schwarzenegger because they were both into body building, but there really is no comparison. And just yesterday, I saw a video where Johnson talks about when he told his father he wanted to get into performing, and his father thought it was a terrible idea, and told him so. But when he said he was going to do it anyway, his father supported him 100%. That's good parenting, in my I haven't ever parented opinion. :D

It is. Good parenting that is. I had a similar situation with my mother and step dad when I joined the army. They really wanted me to go to college. But, they decided to support me 100%. They also made a point after it looked like I was really going to stick with it to comment about how proud they were that I served. ;)

I did eventually go to college. :mrgreen:

And I like the "Rock" a lot. I will admit that when he went from the WWF to acting I wasn't sure how it would go. If you like funny you might watch him in "The Tooth Fairy". It has Julie Andrews and she is awesome in it too!.

Another one that is an action comedy he did is called "The Rundown". It has Christopher Walken playing the villain. :mrgreen:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:34 am

Oh cool, I happened to see them filming one or two scenes in Boston last year and didn't know the movie was out. (It was entertaining as all the cars had New York license plates for example even tho we were in Boston.) I will have to take a look!
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 am

I thought "The Tooth Fairy" looked stupid, but since I absolutely love the "Rock", I will check it out, as these days, I can always use a good laugh. I love "The Rundown." The previews of "Central Intelligence" reminded me of that a little, but the execution was different.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:35 am

Rommie wrote:Oh cool, I happened to see them filming one or two scenes in Boston last year and didn't know the movie was out. (It was entertaining as all the cars had New York license plates for example even tho we were in Boston.) I will have to take a look!

Huh. I had no idea it was filmed in Boston. I do know that he lives in Charlottesville, but no, I've never run into him. I have no idea where you are right now, but if you can get Vudu or Amazon Prime, it's an excellent way to rent the movie. I prefer Vudu where I'm currently located, because it streams better on our projector, but Amazon Prime works well on my laptop. Then again, you might prefer the traditional method of going to a video store. :D
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:37 pm

SciFi Chick wrote: Then again, you might prefer the traditional method of going to a video store. :D

These days I think it is a video kiosk. As in Redbox. I can't recall the last time I saw an actual stand alone video store that was still open.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby geonuc » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:47 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
SciFi Chick wrote: Then again, you might prefer the traditional method of going to a video store. :D

These days I think it is a video kiosk. As in Redbox. I can't recall the last time I saw an actual stand alone video store that was still open.

I still gots one in my 'hood.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/videodrome-atlanta
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:24 pm

There was a larger area of DVDs and Blu Ray's for rent and sale at the Drug Mart we were in Saturday night. Other than that, all I see are Red Box kiosks.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah - not a big fan of Red Box. A friend of mine returned his video on time. I was with him. They claimed he did not, and charged him a late fee. How do you fight something like that? I'll stick with online rentals. And we have a brick and mortar place where we currently live, but soon, we'll be on the ICW - renting videos from brick and mortar stores just won't be feasible at that point.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments