Timeless

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Timeless

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Really good show. It's on the bubble, but I highly recommend it. Very entertaining story telling.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Timeless

Postby Tarragon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:41 am

One of my favorites this fall.

But there are some continuity errors, not continuity in the cinematography but in the fictional storyline. There are a few times where I'd expect a larger change in the present they return to and where the people who stayed in the present remember things they shouldn't have. They shouldn't have grown up in the world where it didn't happen, so they shouldn't have been able to remember what change to look for.
Tarragon

Postby Thumper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Paradox?
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Tarragon wrote:One of my favorites this fall.

But there are some continuity errors, not continuity in the cinematography but in the fictional storyline. There are a few times where I'd expect a larger change in the present they return to and where the people who stayed in the present remember things they shouldn't have. They shouldn't have grown up in the world where it didn't happen, so they shouldn't have been able to remember what change to look for.

It may be that they are writing the scripts too fast. :P Or the script writers are out of the time loop. So they remember the stuff they shouldn't. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby vendic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:31 pm

I found the some continuity errors but the show is certainly worth watching.
Probably one of the better scifi shows at the moment.
Given how artistic license is nowadays it's a surprise that a fictional scifi show seems to get it more accurate than the media does.

I love the history aspect. Overall they get things pretty good and I check up on things I'm not sure about.

Another interesting show that has historical elements is Sleepy Hollow.
For some reason we stopped watching it but not because it was a bad show. Limited time and three people needing to watch it to be caught up was sometimes a pain.

You'd get a few laughs out of it Tarragon. Made me laugh my ass of many times but it is more fantasy/mystic rather than straight scifi. It does have a lot of historical perspective from the early days of the US which would surprise most people thinking it's fiction.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments