Concert of a Lifetime

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Concert of a Lifetime

Postby Thumper » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Two words:
Doyle Freaking Bramhall

Maybe that's 3. Saw him and his phenomenal band at basically a dive bar last night. I was 5 feet away. He's played on stage with Clapton for 50,000. He was in a band with Charlie Sexton and Double Trouble, the rhythm section for Stevie Ray Vaughan. If there were more than 150 of us there last night, we were breaking fire code.

As we were driving home, Mrs. T said, "You finally got to see your Doyle and it was the ultimate, intimate show. How are you ever going to top that?" I paused, smiled, and said, "I don't have to." She said, "I'm not as big a fan as you are, but that was a fantastic show. I may never go to an arena concert again."

Opening duo Future Stuff was a wonderful surprise, reminding me a little of Jack White. I'll be looking into them as well.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Concert of a Lifetime

Postby geonuc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Nice.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Watched part of a DVR recording last night of one of Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festivals. And there Doyle was: trading 4's with Eric in a giant stadium full of an ocean of people. Tuesday night, I was standing closer to Doyle than Eric was. :P
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:08 pm

That was pretty amazing. I think I would enjoy going to a smaller venue way more than I would a big concert. I am a bit overwhelmed by the volume and crush of people at big events. And they won't let me wear my safe place gear...like flack vest, Kevlar helmet, etc. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments