Fear the walking dead

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Fear the walking dead

Postby vendic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 am

Should be called, fear the wanker living.
These people wouldn't survive three days in a supermarket.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Re: Fear the walking dead

Postby geonuc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am

One of the reasons I quit watching after just a few episodes. The zombies have more intelligence.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby vendic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:22 pm

You aren't wrong. I put up with season 1 and just started watching season 2.

It's like they get dumber as they go.
*spoiler alert*

They are are now on a mega yacht. A near new 40 metre cruiser and they are having to repair things that can't go wrong on a boat. Like the water intake to cool the engines got blocked off by a zombies arm, with said zombie attached. The filter is a standard water filter from Lowes. Um, you have two engines with separate intakes people... wtf?
Even worse, is when a one of the team is running over a sand dune at the beach screaming, "run they're coming", the big experienced guy just stands there looking cool waiting as one by one the horde of zombies come over the dune. Then as they get close, he pulls out a hand gun. If it was anyone with half a brain, the first thing they'd do is get their boat tender back into the water to escape. But no. They wait till the last minute instead.
On the main yacht, the whole armed crew of about 6 people get overrun by three people, one who is 8 months pregnant. The big bad runs around collecting boats and useful people killing off the rest. Even though they know where all the boats are on radar, they lure them into a false sense of security and take them out one boat at a time. A highly elite team of about five idiots does all this.
The plan for the "good" guys is to buy their way into Mexico because apparently Mexico came out far better than the entire USA. If I had a huge yacht that can go around the World, I doubt my "big plan" would be to go to Mexico for refuge. Lot's of islands you can go to and live a happy live since they have a huge self sufficient yacht. Why go to where there can be another huge outbreak?
It's just bad bad writing. I might give it another couple of episodes to see if it will get better but I'm not expecting it to.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:15 pm

My dad loves it. It's so funny to see him posting questions about it on facebook every Sunday, with no responses!

To each his own. Smart people can love dumb things. A secret indulgence of mine is Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's one I'd still stop on if I were flipping through the channels and happened across it. I have plenty of other things.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby vendic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:55 pm

The same way I like the Walking Dead. Few of them can survive but at least they are entertaining. I'm just having a lot of trouble relating to any of the characters and the story is just not good enough to carry it though for me.
I like some dumb shows too. I thing we all do.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby geonuc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:My dad loves it. It's so funny to see him posting questions about it on facebook every Sunday, with no responses!

To each his own. Smart people can love dumb things. A secret indulgence of mine is Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's one I'd still stop on if I were flipping through the channels and happened across it. I have plenty of other things.

Yep. I like Supergirl, even though it's dumb and cheesy. Might have something to do with Melissa Benoist.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

You know, you can find pretty things all over the internet. You don't have to suffer through horrible TV shows just for glimpses of them. :P
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments