Some cartoons

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Some cartoons

Postby Parrothead » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm working my way through some toons on DVD. The 5 seasons of "x-men" , from the early mid 90's. Watching this series, when it came out, got me buying comic books for the first time in almost 20 years. The series aired on FOX and did follow stories from the comics. Last time I saw any of these, FOX was re-airing them weekday afternoons, around the time the first "x-men" movie was released. I'll follow a script order found online when watching these, as during the 3rd season, things got a bit messed up, with episodes completed for airing.

To give DC comics some love too, I'm also watching episodes of "The Adventures of Batman", from the late '60's. A bunch of animated shorts ( 6 1/2 minute episodes) that were originally part of "The Batman/Superman Hour" . Yeah these are campy, as the live action series was, animated by Filmation, Batman and Robin voiced by Olan Soule and Casey Kasem, narration by Ted Knight. These I vaguely recall, probably in re-runs, on Saturday mornings.

I have also gone through some of the few remaining comics I have from the '70's: a couple of "Spiderman" issues, one of "The Savage Sub-Mariner", "Amazing World of Superman", "DC Four Star Spectacular", "The Brave and The Bold", "Detective Comics", "Batman Family", a couple of issues of "The Joker" and a couple of Charlton Comics titles : "Midnight Tales" and "All New Ghostly Tales".
Parrothead

Re: Some cartoons

Postby geonuc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Damn, you should have auditioned for The Big Bang Theory.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments