Incredibles 2

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Incredibles 2

Postby Thumper » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am

Again I had expectation management. It was one of the first big time movies that we took The Kid to 14 years ago. We were in Minneapolis for Mrs. T's conference. The trailers had all looked great. She ended up being a bit too young. It overwhelmed and scared her just a bit and she didn't make it through the whole pic. We eventually got the DVD and it became one of her favorites. After last night's feature, an 18 year old Kid commented that she could see how it might be overwhelming and scary to very young kids.

I enjoyed it. It dragged a bit in parts, and when it finally got around to the climax, I actually said to myself, "Okay, this has to be the climax, it'll be over soon. But I enjoyed the humor, some reflective life lessons, and social commentary. It's got to be difficult to make a movie that everyone from 4 to 84 will find alot to enjoy.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Incredibles 2

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:10 am

Took the boy to see it the first week-end it was out. He loved it. He is 8. I loved it. I am (cough cough) years old. :P

The boy was running around saying "No Capes" for several days. We watched Incredibles 1 a few days before going to see Incredibles 2.

The version I saw had a little promo right at the beginning that promised that the 14 year wait was worth it. I don't totally disagree. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

I thought that promo was interesting. I'm glad you both liked it. The three of us did.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Thumper wrote:I thought that promo was interesting. I'm glad you both liked it. The three of us did.

Apparently they felt they needed to address the 14 years since the first one came out.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Yeah, but it was a strange time to lobby for you to go ahead and see the movie, after you paid for your ticket, bought your popcorn and were plopped in your recliner.
It seemed like it might have been better placed in pre promotion interviews or trailers.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Thumper wrote:Yeah, but it was a strange time to lobby for you to go ahead and see the movie, after you paid for your ticket, bought your popcorn and were plopped in your recliner.
It seemed like it might have been better placed in pre promotion interviews or trailers.

Fair point.
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments