Happytime Murders

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Happytime Murders

Postby Thumper » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:34 am

So it's a muppet movie, but it certainly is not for kids. It's a dirty filthy gritty comedy. I asked Mrs. T if she'd like to go to a movie last night basically so I wouldn't have to do yard work from 4:00pm-10:00pm. And I was looking for something light, maybe even funny. I went in with low expectations and it more than met them. It tried to push a theme throughout the movie but it didn't push too hard, and didn't let preaching a message get in the way of the comedy. I know Melissa McCarthy is pushing to be a serious actress, or at least a top tier comedic actress, but I'm glad she did something silly like this. There are a few scenes I won't be able to get out of my head, and the outtakes were pretty funny.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Happytime Murders

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:23 pm

OMG! Brite and I went and saw that movie last Friday. I haven't laughed like that in ages. I don't want to give away spoilers for those who might want to see it. But, if you ever wondered what would happen if the Muppets did a Film Noir Sleazy Private Eye comedy routine this is it. roll: roll: roll:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Cyborg Girl » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:24 pm

The trailer made me literally do a spit take and now I can't stop laughing. Thanks a lot, ya jerks. :lol:
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:00 pm

I was afraid it was going to be so raunchy and violent that Mrs. T wouldn't like it. She was laughing harder than I was.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Cyborg Girl wrote:The trailer made me literally do a spit take and now I can't stop laughing. Thanks a lot, ya jerks. :lol:

Glad to help! :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby geonuc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Read a review from a major film reviewer on this flick: zero stars. He found it completely worthless.

Screw him. Thump and Fisher say it's funny so I'm going to see it.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:01 pm

I read a horrible review before I went. I feared the worst. Then Mrs. T just started laughing her @ss off.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:08 pm

My general opinion about movie reviewers is that they get paid not to gush. And 99% of the time if the critics hate it I will love it. I am not exaggerating much. I also have found that those movies the critics love tend to be ones that I rarely go to see in the theatres. About 50% of the time I actually like the movies the critics do gush about. Maybe I contrary. Or maybe I am ok with just being entertained. ;)
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments