I Want My Sex Back

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

I Want My Sex Back

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 am

This is a fascinating little video. They call it a documentary, but I think that's a stretch. It's about three people that regret having transgender surgery. I feel soooo sorry for them!

Here's what stood out to me. Two of them have transitioned back into being men. Those same two are Christians. It wasn't clear if they came to Christianity before or after the transition, but I suspect they were raised Christians, abandoned it to become transgender and then embraced it to transition back.

In any case, if this is a subject that interests you, have a watch. It's about 20 minutes long. I will reiterate that I don't buy the whole documentary thing. These three individuals all think it's impossible to change your sex. I'm not advocating that. I'm just sharing a human interest story.

Oh, and it's by Russians, so beware of being influenced. ;)
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: I Want My Sex Back

Postby squ1d » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm

I tried.
squ1d

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I suspect that in any given population making extreme life altering decisions a certain amount of regret or remorse will occur. Of course, in the case of major body and hormonal changes it may be impossible to return the body to its original state.

That's partly the reason that most of the medical community insists that a certain amount of psychological evaluation, counseling, and therapy occur before any surgery occurs.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 am

SciFiFisher wrote:I suspect that in any given population making extreme life altering decisions a certain amount of regret or remorse will occur. Of course, in the case of major body and hormonal changes it may be impossible to return the body to its original state.

That's partly the reason that most of the medical community insists that a certain amount of psychological evaluation, counseling, and therapy occur before any surgery occurs.

Absolutely. The two that transitioned back do not look or sound anything close to normal. This is why I'm heatedly against letting children make these kinds of decisions. Hormone blockers at a young age can't be a good idea.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments