Arrested Development

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Arrested Development

Postby norm » Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

I've started watching the new season on Netflix. Pretty funny so far, though very self-referential in a sort of obnoxious way (the opening credits anyway). We'll see how the rest of it goes!
When Gary told me he had found Jesus, I thought, Yahoo! We're rich! But it turned out to be something different.
norm

Re: Arrested Development

Postby Thumper » Fri May 31, 2013 11:39 am

I'd like to start watching it. But I have a hard enough time trying to make it through what's on my DVR before it gets overwritten.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri May 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Thumper wrote:I'd like to start watching it. But I have a hard enough time trying to make it through what's on my DVR before it gets overwritten.

Obviously a sign that you are not prioritizing your TV watching properly. Cut down on relationship time, working, and sleeping. This will easily give you much more time to watch TV. :mrgreen:

There may be some secondary effects....
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby pumpkinpi » Fri May 31, 2013 4:13 pm

AD is hands down my favorite comedy series. If not for Lost it would be my favorite series.

Needless to say I am very excited about this. But with all the hype leading up to the release I've grown a bit concerned. The characters are already over-the-top in a good way, and I hope that they are not turned in to caricatures in the extreme. I don't know if I'm quite getting my point across here...

Anyway, it will probably be a while before I see this. I don't have netflix and don't plan to subscribe just for the show. I hope it will come out on disc. I'm not going to look in this thread much, although it doesn't seem to be a show where spoilers are much of an issue.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby norm » Fri May 31, 2013 8:18 pm

I think Netflix is doing a one-month free promotion. Might be worth checking out. Considering that Netflix more or less "owns" the show now, I don't expect it to come out on disc, since they wouldn't make any money on it.

No spoilers yet; I'm only a few episodes in. :D
When Gary told me he had found Jesus, I thought, Yahoo! We're rich! But it turned out to be something different.
norm

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments