Mitty

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Mitty

Postby Thumper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:48 pm

It was typical Stiller. It was predictable. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a good movie. Some of the cinematography was great, and I liked the visual effects. We enjoyed the heck out of it. Todd MADE this movie. :)
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Mitty

Postby pumpkinpi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Thumper wrote:It was typical Stiller. It was predictable. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a good movie. Some of the cinematography was great, and I liked the visual effects. We enjoyed the heck out of it. Todd MADE this movie. :)

Slight derailment. My place of business had the potential to get some PR from this movie. A band with a song on the soundtrack performed for an event here lat month, and they liked the environment so much that they wanted to film their video here. Well, our POB is part of a larger institution, which imposes a huge fee to anyone who wishes to shoot anything here--even something like wedding photography. It's not because they want to make money, it's because they want to limit who uses their space. So the fee was too prohibitively high for the band, and they had to say no.

I'm glad you liked it. I heard that they spent most of their marketing budget for the film on disaster relief. Too lazy to do a google check....
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby Thumper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:18 pm

We loved the soundtrack. The Kid played a bunch of it on the way home. Do you remember the name of the band at your POB?
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby pumpkinpi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Rogue Valley--The Wolves&The Ravens
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby geonuc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 am

Saw it. Liked it. Didn't care if it was predictable. My wife leaned over about two minutes into the film (exaggerating) and told me where the missing negative was.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm slow. Didn't figure it out until he was at his mother's new apt.

I remember that song. Not normally the type of music I gravitate towards but I thought it worked well on the soundtrack and now I find it interesting.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments