American Hustle

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

American Hustle

Postby Swift » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm

The wife and I went to see it last night. I though it a pretty solid C+/B-. It was OK; I don't really understand all the buzz about it. I thought Amy Adams and Christian Bale were very good; I thought Bradley Cooper's character was pretty unlikeable and rather unbelievable (I won't give details of what I had trouble believing). It kind of dragged in parts, but I was curious as to how they would pull it off. There were parts that were kind of confusing, and not in the traditional "con" movie way, where you keep the audience guessing till the end, where you have an Ah Ha! moment (like in "The Sting" or "Ocean's 11").

Amy Adams does look very nice falling out of the tops of all her dresses. And it was a flashback to the 70s; to those of us who actually lived through it, that is not completely a good thing.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: American Hustle

Postby squ1d » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:14 am

I think what I enjoyed the most about the movie was the odd, farcical sense of humour that permeated the entire thing. I did get a little weary towards the end, perhaps it went on a little long.
squ1d

Re: American Hustle

Postby geonuc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 am

Swift wrote:Amy Adams does look very nice falling out of the tops of all her dresses.

No kidding. That was like the main part of the movie.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments