Merlin

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Merlin

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 am

spoilers ahead if you haven't finished watching it.

So Merlin the series just ended. It changed a lot of the legend, but decided to go the traditional route with the ending, and that just fucking pissed me off.

There is no reason for it ending the way it did. Merlin spent three years of the series knowing that Mordred was going to kill Arthur. Did he stop him? No. Even in the actual battle, rather than focusing his awesome power that no one else has on Mordred, he goes and lets Arthur get stabbed.

I spent about thirty minutes crying my eyes out until I realized this, and now I'm just fucking pissed off.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Merlin

Postby Cyborg Girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of tear-jerker endings? ;)
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:27 am

Gullible Jones wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of tear-jerker endings? ;)

It's not my first introduction. I don't seem to be developing any tolerance to them either.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 am

There is no tolerance... suck it up... LMAO
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:04 pm

brite wrote:There is no tolerance... suck it up... LMAO

PPPPPppppppppPPPPPPP is all I have to say to that. :P
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:58 pm

I just watched and kept thinking, this is just dumb.
The greatest wizard of all and he can't even think his way out of a simple problem.
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 am

Seriously. Makes magic seem kind of useless. He could use some lessons from Harry Potter. Now there's a wizard with brains!
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Merlin "has to" to let Arthur get killed. If Arthur lives his legend and his dream don't become embedded in the psyche of the people. The age of chivalry won't be able to happen and the world becomes less noble. :wsv:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rebis » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I recall the late 1990's series with Sam Neill, Martin Short.

My knowledge of the overall story is fragmented. Maybe someday...
Rebis

Postby FZR1KG » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:05 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:Merlin "has to" to let Arthur get killed. If Arthur lives his legend and his dream don't become embedded in the psyche of the people. The age of chivalry won't be able to happen and the world becomes less noble. :wsv:

So Arthur is still alive?
Lets find the bastard and kill him then! :P
FZR1KG

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm

FZR1KG wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:Merlin "has to" to let Arthur get killed. If Arthur lives his legend and his dream don't become embedded in the psyche of the people. The age of chivalry won't be able to happen and the world becomes less noble. :wsv:

So Arthur is still alive?
Lets find the bastard and kill him then! :P

Depends on which legend you believe. One very old version has Merlin bring Arthur to the shores of a very large lake (or maybe an ocean) where the Lady takes his mortally wounded body. The legend has it that he was taken to Avalon where he becomes immortal. Never to be seen again unless mankind is in desperate need of a hero.

The more commonly accepted version has Arthur die and be buried in a very holy church or (again) taken by the Lady of the Lake to Avalon where he is buried.

But if he is alive then by all means lets kill him so the legend doesn't become sullied. :duel:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments