Cookie Monster's dream...

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Cookie Monster's dream...

Postby cid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 am

While my doctor would be found innocent on the grounds of justifiable homicide were he to find out...

Occasionally (as in VERY rarely) I indulge myself...check out Papa John's chocolate chip cookie...it's
8" in diameter, about 1/2" thick, comes in a pan, and is sliced into 8 slices...and it's goooooooooood...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: Cookie Monster's dream...

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 am

Do you eat all 8 slices in one sitting?
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby cid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:33 am

SciFiFisher wrote:Do you eat all 8 slices in one sitting?

Oh hell no...I gave two away, and have snarfed two in maybe 11 hours...the rest goes home
to be dessert for the next few days...

Really...I have learned to eat differently over the last year or so...like to the tune of -30 pounds or so.
We shall see how well I'm doing at the doc's office Monday...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:27 pm

cid wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:Do you eat all 8 slices in one sitting?

Oh hell no...I gave two away, and have snarfed two in maybe 11 hours...the rest goes home
to be dessert for the next few days...

Really...I have learned to eat differently over the last year or so...like to the tune of -30 pounds or so.
We shall see how well I'm doing at the doc's office Monday...

Then I bet the doctor won't beat you up too badly. Especially if your weight and your a1c are both down. The occasional indulgence done in moderation is a good thing. :D
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah, several local restaurants around here do their variation of this for dessert. Usually served with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. The Kid got a special pan for her birthday just for making these. I think on place calls them Canookies. Used to be able to order them from Cheryl's Cookies as a Cookie Cake.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to .... And Grill