As if the regular menu wasn't bad enough...

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

As if the regular menu wasn't bad enough...

Postby cid » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:55 am

Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: As if the regular menu wasn't bad enough...

Postby cid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:58 am

The McKnley Mac -- a Big Mac made with two Quarter Pounder patties.
In house, referred to as a Double Mac. Price, $6.50 or so.
Taste? Had one about a week ago. Not too shabby. Filled me up right good and proper.
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:19 am

Uh, dude, you are middle aged and have diabetes and, to be brutally frank, are not in good physical shape. You should not be eating that shit. I have seen you post about such things way too many times, and I'm getting rather concerned.

I don't expect you to become a health nut. Yeah, really. But avoiding the McMenu entirely is pretty much the least you could do.

Edit: ah shit. cid - FWIW I'm not posting this to insult you, I'm posting this because I am in fact concerned about your wellbeing. You're a good guy, and I don't want you to eat yourself into (more) serious medical problems. Mkay?
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby cid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:39 am

Your concern is touching. I don't make a habit of eating things like this. Doing it ONCE -- and I stress ONCE -- is not going to kill me, especially if I take care to follow the proper regimens at all other times.

However -- if I promise not to have another one during calendar 2014, would that make you feel better?

Yes, I post about things like that lotza times. However, that doesn't mean that I try them. That 8-patty Big Mac? No way. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. And teh other taste treats I've discovered over the years will also remain fantasies...I post about hot cars etc too. Doesn't mean I can afford to go buy one.

Worry thee not. I plan on dying by being shot in the back by a jealous husband as I jump out a bedroom window at the age of 94. :dance:
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:41 am

cid wrote:Your concern is touching. I don't make a habit of eating things like this. Doing it ONCE -- and I stress ONCE -- is not going to kill me, especially if I take care to follow the proper regimens at all other times.

However -- if I promise not to have another one during calendar 2014, would that make you feel better?

Yes, I post about things like that lotza times. However, that doesn't mean that I try them. That 8-patty Big Mac? No way. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. And teh other taste treats I've discovered over the years will also remain fantasies...I post about hot cars etc too. Doesn't mean I can afford to go buy one.

Worry thee not. I plan on dying by being shot in the back by a jealous husband as I jump out a bedroom window at the age of 94. :dance:

You do mean a jealous 24 year old husband...right? ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby cid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:43 am

Jealous is jealous. Age is immaterial. :wait:
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby cid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:18 am

A friend and I were talking about this out at the station, and we came to one conclusion...

At least it ain't The Heart Attack Grill...and I have no intention of ending up like this schmuck...
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby code monkey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:24 am

cid wrote:Your concern is touching.

i hope that you're not being sarcastic. gj neglected to mention your mi and i do wonder how that burger fits into the ada dietary suggestions. gj's not the only one who's concerned. you may recall responses to some of your culinary adventures that you've written about in the past.

cid wrote:Worry thee not. I plan on dying by being shot in the back by a jealous husband as I jump out a bedroom window at the age of 94.

oh come on, cid. surely you can aspire to something more worthy of you than committing adultery.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby Thumper » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Sorry about your luck CiD, apparently nobody around here is going to let you have any fun at all...
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby code monkey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

oh thumper, it's only because we care.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby cid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 am

code monkey wrote:
cid wrote:Your concern is touching.

i hope that you're not being sarcastic. gj neglected to mention your mi and i do wonder how that burger fits into the ada dietary suggestions. gj's not the only one who's concerned. you may recall responses to some of your culinary adventures that you've written about in the past.

No sarcasm intended. The remark was well intentioned, and I take it in the same vein.

code monkey wrote:
cid wrote:Worry thee not. I plan on dying by being shot in the back by a jealous husband as I jump out a bedroom window at the age of 94.

oh come on, cid. surely you can aspire to something more worthy of you than committing adultery.

At the age of 94, even breathing is an aspiration looked forward to... :think:

Let 'em rant all they want, Thumper...we'll go off into the sunset with a beer in our hands, a song in our hearts, a smile on our faces, and a girl on each arm... :pop:
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Return to .... And Grill