Salvation Army? Not so much.

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Salvation Army? Not so much.

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Gays deserve death.

Don't put money in their little buckets. It will only help them spread this evil teaching.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Salvation Army? Not so much.

Postby Loresinger » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 pm

I generally don't but is this the WHOLE organization or just a part?

My only reason for asking is that many rely on services and may not have the luxury of saying no
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Have to agree with Trish here. They are IIRC a pretty effective charity.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby brite » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Having stayed at a Salvation Army shelter for a few weeks, during my crazy period... I'm forced to agree. They do a great deal of good. In spite of themselves.
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome to the world of shades of gray. No one person or organization is every wholly evil... except for <insert your favorite evil person or entity here>. Unfortunately, we just can't seem to be all bad or all good. The Salvation Army like many religious organizations has some doctrinal policies that are not PC or mainstream approved.

Does this mean that everything they do is tainted and therefore they should be condemned and vilified?

Ah Villainy where is thy clearly definable heinous perfidy? Why must you be so ambiguous! :scream:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Religion