WWJD? He'd smack the snot outen someone...

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

WWJD? He'd smack the snot outen someone...

Postby cid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: WWJD? He'd smack the snot outen someone...

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:10 am

Sadly, some Atheists are more christian than....Christians.

OTOH it is highly likely that with the free meal the homeless get an extra helping of scripture. And that the Atheists might object to serving that dish. What do would you do then?
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby cid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:43 am

SciFiFisher wrote:Sadly, some Atheists are more christian than....Christians.

OTOH it is highly likely that with the free meal the homeless get an extra helping of scripture. And that the Atheists might object to serving that dish. What do would you do then?

Hand 'em their plate, smile, and point 'em down the line to the next person.
Like the article said, the atheist group said they wouldn't wear their shirts/hats that advertise, and neither would they proselytize their position. Not having to spout
chapter and verse sounds like a fair trade to me, and the host group is getting some helping hands.

Someone here has a bad case of the t!ght@$$, and I betcha I can tell ya who it is...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby FZR1KG » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:15 am

I take offense at that!
I say it was mighty christian of them. :P
FZR1KG

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 am

cid wrote:

Hand 'em their plate, smile, and point 'em down the line to the next person.
Like the article said, the atheist group said they wouldn't wear their shirts/hats that advertise, and neither would they proselytize their position. Not having to spout
chapter and verse sounds like a fair trade to me, and the host group is getting some helping hands.

Someone here has a bad case of the t!ght@$$, and I betcha I can tell ya who it is...

Agreed. Someone does have a case of the t!ght@$$. But what happens when the christian oriented soup kitchen says "let us pray"? Are the atheists going to bow their head and pretend to pray? When someone says "Let's sing a hymn" are they going to lip sync it? :P

I agree it was quite nice of the A team to agree not to wear anything pointing out their beliefs but I can betcha that it would still have made a splash one way or t'other.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby FZR1KG » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 am

Forcing the poor to pray to your god for a meal is not charity, its disgusting.
FZR1KG

Postby code monkey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:02 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:Agreed. Someone does have a case of the t!ght@$$. But what happens when the christian oriented soup kitchen says "let us pray"? Are the atheists going to bow their head and pretend to pray? When someone says "Let's sing a hymn" are they going to lip sync it? :P

I agree it was quite nice of the A team to agree not to wear anything pointing out their beliefs but I can betcha that it would still have made a splash one way or t'other.

they could have done what anyone does at a service of a different religion. sit/stand quietly. show respect. participate as your conscience permits. remember why you are there - to honor the couple being married, the person who has died, to feed the hungry ...

but it didn't get to that point. the message was clear - we don't want your kind. we don't want any contribution from you.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Return to Religion