Reinventing Christianity badly

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Reinventing Christianity badly

Postby Cyborg Girl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:18 am

Allow me introduce you to Roko's Basilisk. Presumably so called because whoever came up with the idea must have been stoned at the time.

The short of it is that, when the Technological Singularity comes around, Skynet or whatever you want to call it will judge us for our sins, and punish those worthy of being punished. In particular, people who didn't help it along.

Hmm. What does this remind me of... Oh yeah...

Edit: BTW what is it with humans and the concept of vengeance? That is not how punishment is supposed to work in a sane society.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Reinventing Christianity badly

Postby cid » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 am

Gullible Jones wrote:Edit: BTW what is it with humans and the concept of vengeance? That is not how punishment is supposed to work in a sane society.

(Bolding by cid.)

I do believe you've answered your own question...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 am

More fruit than loop and I'm not even sure what that means.
FZR1KG

Postby cid » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 am

FZR1KG wrote:"...and I'm not even sure what that means..."

Never stopped ya before...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Return to Religion