I love deadline extensions

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

I love deadline extensions

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:01 pm

I have been so lucky lately!
I had a paper due on March 10, but we got behind in class and the deadline was delayed week. (it's a once weekly class.) Well, that delay happened over spring break so I got two extra weeks!

Now, I am working on the biggest grant I have ever written. Due date is April 7 but my employer requires 5 days in advance for them to process it. I counted backwards, ignoring weekends, and came up with March 31 for the deadline. That's this Monday, and MrPi is going to be out of town, so I set a deadline of this Friday, the 28th, so it would be off my plate and I wouldn't have to worry about it this weekend.

Well, I'm in the position to have my portion of it done by then. But I just learned that it is probably not due for review before submission until next Wednesday or Thursday. I can get what I had planned to get turned in by Friday, but not have to worry if components that have to come from other places get delayed. (Partnering with a school district and need their Superintendent's signature, oh, and, working with a museum in Colombia which means I need a lot of info from them. And if we get the grant I get to go to Colombia next spring!)

So yay. I can breathe a little easier now.

Ok, off to work. Still lots to do.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: I love deadline extensions

Postby geonuc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Yes. Deadline extensions rock.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Good News