Fred Phelps - dead at 84

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

Fred Phelps - dead at 84

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes, I'm putting this in the Good News section on purpose. It is good news to me. I celebrate his death.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Fred Phelps - dead at 84

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:31 am

I (almost) never celebrate someone's death. Quietly reveling on the other hand is allowed. ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby brite » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:53 am

I feel nothing.

But I have to say... He and his little band of miscreants did do a public service... They brought us together to support the helpless, the bereaved, the grieving... In that, we became a better country...

As for the rest... Karma is a true bitch....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:I (almost) never celebrate someone's death. Quietly reveling on the other hand is allowed. ;)

Believe me. It is not a normal thing for me to celebrate a death. I don't do it lightly.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 pm

brite wrote:I feel nothing.

But I have to say... He and his little band of miscreants did do a public service... They brought us together to support the helpless, the bereaved, the grieving... In that, we became a better country...

As for the rest... Karma is a true bitch....

On some level, I think this may make you a better person than I, but maybe the world needs both our perspectives. :D
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:54 am

SciFi Chick wrote:
On some level, I think this may make you a better person than I, but maybe the world needs both our perspectives. :D

I don’t think it makes me any better... I think that the pain from the fibro going into serious overdrive, this week has made me incredibly philosophical....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby gethen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Read that he was excommunicated by his church near the end. Couldn't find any details or explanations though. What irony if true.
gethen

Postby cid » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Was he bounced from The Baptists, or did Westboro itself give him the old heave-ho?
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby code monkey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 pm

cid wrote:Was he bounced from The Baptists, or did Westboro itself give him the old heave-ho?

one of his sons reported that westboro had excommunicated him. westboro will neither confirm nor deny this as they consider membership status to be private.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby cid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 pm

code monkey wrote:
cid wrote:Was he bounced from The Baptists, or did Westboro itself give him the old heave-ho?

one of his sons reported that westboro had excommunicated him. westboro will neither confirm nor deny this as they consider membership status to be private.

Westboro bounced him?????

How far do you have to go before that bunch thinks you're over the line?
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby code monkey » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 am

cid wrote:Westboro bounced him?????

the report of excommunication came from a son. as i recall the son said that he wanted them to tone down their ativities. the church itself will neither confirm nor deny the excommunication.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:59 pm

cid wrote:
code monkey wrote:

Westboro bounced him?????

Considering all the people their god hates, I don't think it would be hard to go over the line at all.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Good News