Modern Pharmaceuticals

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

Modern Pharmaceuticals

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Amoxicillan is my friend. Pretty sure I've had a sinus infection for the last six months or so. Today, though my sinuses are still swollen, I'm feeling human again! Modern antibiotics - saving us all from dying from really pathetic sounding illnesses. :lol:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Modern Pharmaceuticals

Postby geonuc » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

And some with awesome secondary benefits!

Glad you're mending. Sinus infections are no fun.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:15 pm

:cheer:

Hopefully, the swelling will go down quickly now that the infection is just about gone.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Swift » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:07 am

I don't want to be mom, but make sure you complete the entire prescription, even if you are feeling bad. And I'm glad you are feeling better; I certainly know how sinus infections feel (mine are very clogged at the moment).
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:46 am

Swift wrote:I don't want to be mom, but make sure you complete the entire prescription, even if you are feeling bad. And I'm glad you are feeling better; I certainly know how sinus infections feel (mine are very clogged at the moment).

No worries. I'm a huge fan of finishing out the prescription. And I'm also sensitive to the fact that we overuse antibiotics, which is part of the reason it took me so long to go and get some.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Good News