I Maybe Fixed Something

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

I Maybe Fixed Something

Postby geonuc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Lately, as in the last decade or two, it seems every time I try to employ my stupendous electronics and electrical knowledge and training to fix something, I fail and have to buy a new whatever. Maybe the streak is broken. My microwave died. After consulting the world's premiere DIY source (YouTube), I figured it might be one of the interlock switches on the door that prevent the evil zoomies from escaping when the door's open.

After a little deconstruction and checking for hazardous voltage (seriously - if you don't know what you're doing DO NOT attempt to repair your microwave. It could kill you), I found one of the microswitches had a burnt contact. WooHoo! That's an easy fix, at least it will be after the part arrives in the mail.

Counting this chicken as hatched.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Re: I Maybe Fixed Something

Postby Swift » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:02 pm

geonuc wrote:Counting this chicken as hatched.

I think if you are trying to incubate chicken eggs, that you should do it in an incubator, not the microwave. :shock: :o

:twisted:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby grapes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Now you tell me. Years ago (thirty), I took apart our microwave, and ordered a replacement tube. It worked at least until we sold the house and moved away...
grapes
Resident News Hound

Postby geonuc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 pm

grapes wrote:Now you tell me. Years ago (thirty), I took apart our microwave, and ordered a replacement tube. It worked at least until we sold the house and moved away...

Tubes. Yeah, I remember those. We had some pretty nifty ones in the radios and radars back then, including klystrons.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Good News