An update on my life.

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

An update on my life.

Postby Rebis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi everyone:

Formerly "Buttercup" here. My previous account is inaccessible it seems.

First, I want to apologize for having bombarded you all about 1-1/2 years ago now (?) with personal troubles. But thanks for listening and feedback.

Since then, I've finished writing a novel which I'm now typing (and editing), and am also writing a 2nd novel as well. In May 2012 I began using Twitter, filled out profile. Next day I went to Follow various science accounts and a couple of celebrities. I went to take a 15-minute coffee break after clicking "Follow" on Clive Barker...and upon returning I get notice that he is Following me!! :D

Clive and I have struck up a friendship, and he's definitely supportive/encouraging of my writing. :cheer:

I've been a fan of Clive's since "Hellraiser," so this was WOW!! Still is!

Also, just this week, I decided I need a spiritual element in my life and I've embraced the Pagan path. Low-key, personal, solitary. I am mostly attuned to Celtic.

I'll read and interact as time permits.
Rebis

Re: An update on my life.

Postby brite » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome BACK! SO GLAD you found us! (You could have used Buttercup if you wanted...) Congrats on the novel and on the Clive Barker thing! :cheer: :pop:
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

brite wrote:Welcome BACK! SO GLAD you found us! (You could have used Buttercup if you wanted...) Congrats on the novel and on the Clive Barker thing! :cheer: :pop:

She found us 'cause I sent her the link. ;) I'm just glad she decided to follow it. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Very cool about Clive!
Good to see you here.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby Rebis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks! :)

It started with this (Monday):

http://www.tarotdecks.co.uk/SetsImages/LegendSet.jpg

I was going past "New Age" section of bookstore, and that Tarot caught my eye (except my box's cover features its Queen of Cups). Picked it up.

Then I saw this, and decided I wanted it too. The allure, my past (reading) familiarity with Paganism. It drew me, so I also purchased it:

http://druidcraft-tarot.druidry.org/ima ... er_med.JPG

I also noticed this (click on image to enlarge it):

http://tinyurl.com/n82tnqh

But left the store with the previous two (which I've yet to open - all things in good time, right?).

Yet I kept thinking of The Wildwood Tarot, an hour later went back for it. While sitting and contemplating that spectacular cover, being drawn in and etc.; a short while later I thought "Yes, I'm in." :)
Rebis

Postby Rebis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Rebis wrote:I also noticed this (click on image to enlarge it):

But left the store with the previous two (which I've yet to open - all things in good time, right?).

Yet I kept thinking of The Wildwood Tarot, an hour later went back for it...

I do love this Tarot, and have begun reading/meditating.

But I'm sad to say there are noticeable errors in both card(s) and book. I can easily overlook them.

In the card "The Ancestor" (photo in link above), the moon's phase is incorrect for it supposedly being in a pre-dawn sky. I mistook it as being an early twilight scene. Also, Venus is supposed to be near the moon; the book mentions it as "the morning star" and why Venus is included in the card. Well, I've looked the card up and down, sideways...I don't see Venus. Unless it's a big white dot touching a tree tip, which I take to be snow. :(

There are (according to book) two details in other cards which aren't evident in the card.

The Tarot is also referred to as Greenwood. That's their previous Tarot; this is Wildwood.

I'm only 7 Trumps into reading the book (despite having a long familiarity with Tarot; I do read the accompanying book of course, for its special nuances and themes) and wondering what other mistakes I'll find.

The Hooded Man description is another. The book notes "the moss-covered door" in the tree. Huh?? :( I don't see moss on that door.

It seems the book's author and the Tarot's illustrator weren't entirely on the same page.
Rebis

Postby Rebis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Rebis wrote:

But I'm sad to say there are noticeable errors in both card(s) and book. I can easily overlook them.

In the card "The Ancestor" (photo in link above), the moon's phase is incorrect for it supposedly being in a pre-dawn sky. I mistook it as being an early twilight scene. Also, Venus is supposed to be near the moon; the book mentions it as "the morning star" and why Venus is included in the card. Well, I've looked the card up and down, sideways...I don't see Venus. Unless it's a big white dot touching a tree tip, which I take to be snow. :(

The Tarot is also (at least once now) referred to as Greenwood. That's their previous Tarot; this is Wildwood.

The Hooded Man description is another. The book notes "the moss-covered door" in the tree. Huh?? :( I don't see moss on that door. Two other minor mistakes besides.

I'm only 7 Trumps into reading the book (despite having a long familiarity with Tarot; I do read the accompanying book of course, for its special nuances and themes) and wondering what other mistakes I'll find.

It seems the book's author and the Tarot's illustrator weren't entirely on the same page.
Rebis

Postby Rebis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 pm

The Tarot is also (at least once now) referred to as Greenwood. That's their previous Tarot; this is Wildwood.

The Hooded Man description is another. The book notes "the moss-covered door" in the tree. Huh?? :( I don't see moss on that door. Two other minor mistakes besides.

Rebis

Postby Rebis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 pm

But I'm sad to say there are noticeable errors in both card(s) and book. I can easily overlook them and work with the Tarot, though.

The Hooded Man description is another. The book notes "the moss-covered door" in the tree. Huh?? :( I don't see moss on that door. As for The Green Woman, it's mentioned she has "wild roses" as hair (in addition to forest leaves). Unless wild roses look exactly like forest leaves, there are no wild roses as hair. :?

Rebis

Postby Rebis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:39 pm

I've just now found this online. Unfortunately the artist has only drawn Major Arcana:

http://kayne.deviantart.com/art/kayne-s ... t-13138577 (click on to enlarge of course)

That is WOW. :)

Can't imagine the work which goes into making an entire deck, but wish this person would go for it.
Rebis

Return to Good News