AC and plumbing

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

AC and plumbing

Postby geonuc » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Hallelujah. Earlier this week, I fixed the broken bathtub/shower drain pipe problem by re-routing to the laundry basin, so no more washing my hair in the sink. And today, the HVAC guy came by and replaced the very expensive blower motor in the AC/furnace unit. So I have air conditioning after two weeks without. It hasn't been terribly hot around here but the humidity has been about 200%. Maybe 2000%. Running the AC will help knock that down.

OK, what's the next thing that's going to break?
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Re: AC and plumbing

Postby FZR1KG » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Do you own a Dodge? LOL

Glad you got the AC going. Life here would suck without one.
FZR1KG

Postby OldCM » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 pm

geonuc wrote:Hallelujah. Earlier this week, I fixed the broken bathtub/shower drain pipe problem by re-routing to the laundry basin, so no more washing my hair in the sink. And today, the HVAC guy came by and replaced the very expensive blower motor in the AC/furnace unit. So I have air conditioning after two weeks without. It hasn't been terribly hot around here but the humidity has been about 200%. Maybe 2000%. Running the AC will help knock that down.

OK, what's the next thing that's going to break?

Life here would be difficult without air conditioning. The weather here just sucks. In the summer it is hotter than hell, and in the winter it is colder than hell. Nothing between Texas and Canada to stop the arctic fronts from dropping right on down. So glad you got your A/C fixed. Can't imagine having to go for two weeks without it.
OldCM

Postby Loresinger » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:52 pm

we do not have a/c in our new "bed room / apartment" ... slept many nights in my chair with dad on the couch. Just can't justify the cost of a unit right now (esp since the heat wave has passed for the moment).

Maybe next year. The main house has a/c so we can be somewhat comfortable (my back may hate me but at least Iky is comfortable)
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Return to Good News