Beer

Got an amazing drink recipe? Found a great beer? What about a wine recommendation? Are you having a good old fashioned pub crawl or drunk?? Share it here...

Re: Beer

Postby brite » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:43 am

Swift wrote:I love apricots and I love beer... I'm just not sure about the combo.

If you can find it... I highly recommend it... TSC, FZ, SFC have all imbibed (and drank all of Fisher's supply, one FWIS Fwy... Much to Fisher's displeasure... LOL)

It is an unfiltered wheat beer (a pale ale, one of the few that I really enjoy), crisp on the palate, not heavy on the apricot, so it's not over poweringly sweet... very nice chilled.
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby FZR1KG » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 am

The apricot beer is really good.

This apple beer I have however tastes bad cold too.
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Save it. I'll give it a try when I get home.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Thumper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Someone long ago mentioned the Sweetwater Brewery. I think it was originally Tuffel (Marlow). Though Geo may have commented on it too. On our recent trip to FL, I got to sample both the IPA and the EPA. They didn't come across as my favorites but both were good and refreshing. (How could they not be refreshing coming off the sun and the beach!)
Also, drank some of Abita's Purple Haze. I'm not a fan of many "fruit dominated" beers. So this grapey brew must have been pretty good to keep me interested. (Note the "refreshing" and "beach" comment above.) :)
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 pm

I might've mentioned the Sweetwater Brewery too as I visited it once while visiting a friend in Atlanta for the weekend. Quite refreshing but I've never seen it outside the South...
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Thumper wrote:Someone long ago mentioned the Sweetwater Brewery. I think it was originally Tuffel (Marlow). Though Geo may have commented on it too. On our recent trip to FL, I got to sample both the IPA and the EPA. They didn't come across as my favorites but both were good and refreshing. (How could they not be refreshing coming off the sun and the beach!)
Also, drank some of Abita's Purple Haze. I'm not a fan of many "fruit dominated" beers. So this grapey brew must have been pretty good to keep me interested. (Note the "refreshing" and "beach" comment above.) :)

The formula for making any beer taste really good. Lots of sun and heat, moderate to extreme thirst, make the beer really cold, and serve. Perfect beer every time. :cheers:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby FZR1KG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey Thumper, did you try the sweetwater blue?
That's our favorite.
Blueberry beer.
Tastes like normal beer while drinking it but has a blueberry aftertaste that lingers a while.
FZR1KG

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 pm

FZR1KG wrote:Hey Thumper, did you try the sweetwater blue?
That's our favorite.
Blueberry beer.
Tastes like normal beer while drinking it but has a blueberry aftertaste that lingers a while.

Fancy beer store in Sarasota (Publix) didn't carry that. Only the IPA and EPA. I've tried and surprisingly liked someone's blueberry beer a few years back. Then was frustrated that I didn't remember whose it was.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
Thumper wrote:Someone long ago mentioned the Sweetwater Brewery. I think it was originally Tuffel (Marlow). Though Geo may have commented on it too. On our recent trip to FL, I got to sample both the IPA and the EPA. They didn't come across as my favorites but both were good and refreshing. (How could they not be refreshing coming off the sun and the beach!)

The formula for making any beer taste really good. Lots of sun and heat, moderate to extreme thirst, make the beer really cold, and serve. Perfect beer every time. :cheers:
Absolutely.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Thumper wrote:Fancy beer store in Sarasota (Publix) didn't carry that. Only the IPA and EPA. I've tried and surprisingly liked someone's blueberry beer a few years back. Then was frustrated that I didn't remember whose it was.

You can get it at Krogers in Georgia IIRC. It's not considered fancy I guess.
FZR1KG

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Krogers=Publix
Nothing fancy.
I was being silly.

Way back when someone suggested Sweetwater, I had a trucker friend who made regular trips to FL. I tried to hit him up to stop in GA and pick me up some, but it never happened. There are so many flippin "craft" or small breweries out there now. It's amazing.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Thursday, enjoyed several Rye IPA's at one of our local brew pubs. They were pretty darn good. Saturday after dinner, after argueing with the ATT phone store clerk and before The Kid got finished with her first date. :o ,
we stopped in at World of Beer. I enjoyed 2 Second Tier IPA's. Not overly hoppy and a smooth buttery head (like Guinness) because I assume it was a nitro brew. It was scrumptous and helped ease my anxiety a wee bit.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby brite » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:40 pm

World of Beer (Sarasota) GODD PLACE! LOVE that place... was taken there by Cookie and her young man... <sigh> 18 page (?) menu of nothing BUT beer... they don't serve food, hard liquor or anything BUT beer, soft drinks by the can, and water... you want food... there is a pita place around the corner that you can bring the food over to WoB... (the food there is good... fresh home made pitas and home made hummus -- YUM!)

Wait... the KID went on a DATE?????? She's 4!!!!!!
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Rebis » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 pm

It's a good thing the beer industry doesn't rely on me for sales.

I do not like beer. Any of it.

Except for root beer. :D
Rebis

Postby Thumper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 am

brite wrote:World of Beer (Sarasota) GODD PLACE! LOVE that place... was taken there by Cookie and her young man... <sigh> 18 page (?) menu of nothing BUT beer... they don't serve food, hard liquor or anything BUT beer, soft drinks by the can, and water... you want food... there is a pita place around the corner that you can bring the food over to WoB... (the food there is good... fresh home made pitas and home made hummus -- YUM!)

Wait... the KID went on a DATE?????? She's 4!!!!!!

Yeah, same place. We have two of them. One is in a mall area so you can bring in all manner of outside food.

Ummm she doesn't look 4 anymore as she towers over Mrs. T.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm

First date?! :shock:

Btw I never posted these so I am now, summary of the Belgian beer trip:
http://whereisyvette.com/2013/06/14/art ... re-part-1/
http://whereisyvette.com/2013/06/21/art ... continues/

Basically we took pictures of my stuffed animal aardvark instead of ourselves cause no one cares if there are pictures of a stuffed toy drinking on the Internet. :P
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

One of her classmates asked her out (via text of course). They met at said mall and ended up seeing Star Trek. Must have gone okay. They've made plans to go out again next weekend.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 am

Thumper wrote:One of her classmates asked her out (via text of course). They met at said mall and ended up seeing Star Trek. Must have gone okay. They've made plans to go out again next weekend.

You should nip this in the bud right away. Next thing you know they will be going steady. :nono:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 am

I know. She kind of assumed they were "boyfriend/girlfriend" merely because he asked her out. :sos:
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:You should nip this in the bud right away. Next thing you know they will be going steady. :nono:

Gotta happen at some point!

As for the asking her out via text...come on! Man up, and ask her to her face! Kids these days. :roll: lol

And back on the topic of beer, last time I went with the other half to one of his beer sampling events (he works for Miller) I tried some hard tea that is made by Budlight. Dangerous stuff, tastes just like tea! Super tasty after a hot day. :)
Cookie

Postby FZR1KG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Cookie wrote:As for the asking her out via text...come on! Man up, and ask her to her face! Kids these days. :roll: lol

That's so sexist.
You may get into deep trouble with the non hypocritical feminatzi crowd...hmmmm do they even exist?
FZR1KG

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

FZR1KG wrote:
Cookie wrote:As for the asking her out via text...come on! Man up, and ask her to her face! Kids these days. :roll: lol

That's so sexist.
You may get into deep trouble with the non hypocritical feminatzi crowd...hmmmm do they even exist?

To be fair, if she was doing the asking, I'd expect her to ask him to his face to... ;) Equality for all!
Cookie

Postby Thumper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't think kids communicate in any other way than text these days. Even email is on it's way out.
But it sure would be great to have him have to come all the way out to the house, come meet me, then ask her out. :D
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby brite » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 am

PLEASE! About the only one of Cookie's boyfriends that any of us "officially" met was the one she's living with.... I think we embarrass her....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 am

Isn't that our job?

But back to beer. I think I mentioned it before but I think my favorite beer in the whole world is The Brew Kettle's White Rajah. It's supposed to be an IPA but it is so much more. They are located in Strongsville Ohio. Close to Cleveland. Unfortunately, their beers can be hard to find. But when you get some, it's so worth it.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

PreviousNext

Return to The Sand Bar