The Mountain

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The Mountain

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Wow. To be this strong and still look fat. Also, big head much?
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: The Mountain

Postby squ1d » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

Roid rage.
squ1d

Postby cid » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:37 am

SciFi Chick wrote:Wow. To be this strong and still look fat. Also, big head much?

Key word here is "look". All that muscle has to fit inside -- and how tall is he anyway?
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby Cyborg Girl » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Not sure what the video was? But, if it's what I think, this image I stumbled across today might explain it:

It would make sense physiologically. There is a reason we have sheets of fat, muscle, and cartilage across our abdomens.

Related anecodote: the last Tai Chi studio I went to, the head instructor looked like that; he was about 5' 8'', and had a waist like a tree trunk. My dad described pushing hands with him as "like pushing against an oak tree."
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby grapes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:Wow. To be this strong and still look fat. Also, big head much?

Low def, but you see that one handed lift around the one-minute mark? I discovered that in jr high, and tho I was the skinny weakling who could barely do half of what the other guys were lifting with two hands, I could almost raise as much with one hand. Unfortunately, I couldn't resist showing them how, then they could lift even more.
Gullible Jones wrote:Not sure what the video was? But, if it's what I think, this image I stumbled across today might explain it:

That graphic may over-simplify. There have been plenty of Mr Universes who could lift and move massive amounts
grapes
Resident News Hound

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments