My Film Debut

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

My Film Debut

Postby Rommie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:32 am

True story, yesterday a friend tagged me in a post about how a Dutch casting agency is looking for Americans to do a day of work next week for a big production, for €200. This American thought it was interesting enough to send an email, got a prompt response telling me I'm perfect, and I'm booked next Wednesday for background audio work!

The movie in question is Brimstone, a Western with Dakota Fanning and Guy Pearce, though I think background audio sounds like there's a good chance of not actually seeing the main cast (or even having my ugly mug on at any point). Heck it might end up being boring ultimately, but you guys know me, I'm an experience junkie, and I'm sure €200 won't hurt my opinion at the end of the day. :)
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Re: My Film Debut

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:02 pm

You may get film credit. ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Likely not, but fun to think about! If nothing else because I can then join the small cadre of people with both an Erdos and a Bacon number! :cheer:
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Mmmmm, bacon.
Wait, I'm a vegetarian.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby grapes » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Rommie wrote:Likely not, but fun to think about! If nothing else because I can then join the small cadre of people with both an Erdös and a Bacon number! :cheer:

I claim an Erdös/Bacon number of 7, but I apply the rules liberally. I was in a high school play with a friend of mine who appeared as an extra in a Ron Howard film which of course included Clint Howard who also appeared in Apollo 13 (Bacon number of 3), my math professor and I published problem solutions, and his PhD adviser was a student of Tarski's (Erdös number of 4).
grapes
Resident News Hound

Postby Rommie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Yeah, sorry grapes, but no, that doesn't count. :P If it did, I'd already have a Bacon number of 2, thanks to a gal in my school who was also in Apollo 13.

I have an Erdos number of 4 thanks to my PhD supervisor. My dad is a 5. That was a cool moment when I surpassed him. 8-)
Rommie

Postby pumpkinpi » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Rommie wrote:Yeah, sorry grapes, but no, that doesn't count. :P If it did, I'd already have a Bacon number of 2, thanks to a gal in my school who was also in Apollo 13.

I have an Erdos number of 4 thanks to my PhD supervisor. My dad is a 5. That was a cool moment when I surpassed him. 8-)

How can one find out one's Erdos number?
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby vendic » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:46 am

Congrats. Have fun!
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:20 am

Rommie wrote:Yeah, sorry grapes, but no, that doesn't count. :P If it did, I'd already have a Bacon number of 2, thanks to a gal in my school who was also in Apollo 13.

So, basically any Kevin Bacon relatives that aren't in the movies don't have a Bacon number. :lol:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Rommie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:12 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:

How can one find out one's Erdos number?

There are websites for this!
Rommie

Postby grapes » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Rommie wrote:Yeah, sorry grapes, but no, that doesn't count. :P

O, I know. And the movie connecting me to Clint Howard? My friend's only face time is when Tom Cruise bulls through a bar crowd and shoves him out of the way. Amazing how many people have a Bacon number of 2, just because of that movie--it also included a depiction of the Oklahoma land rush.
grapes
Resident News Hound

Postby grapes » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:12 pm

"No authors matched 'Erdös, Paul'"?

What am I doing wrong?
grapes
Resident News Hound

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments