Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

Postby Thumper » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:46 pm

And Merry Christmas, and what if anything you celebrate this time of year, FWIS. Personally, it's hard to celebrate the "Darkest Day of the Year" (in the northern hemisphere at least, check local listings) when it's so bright here in central Ohio today.
Anyway, a safe and happy holiday wish (as safe and happy as it can be) for all of you. No matter how good or bad 2017 was for you personally (ours had some super highs and super lows) I hope 2018 is better for each of you.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Happy Holidays

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Amen to 2018 being better. If it's any worse, I might not make it. :D

On that note, Happy Holidays!!!
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:34 am

Happy Holidays, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or whatever holiday you celebrate!

I too want to wish everyone a peaceful, joyous, and prosperous holiday and 2018.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:20 am

Looking back on it I had highs and lows, but am definitely more high than I was at this point last year and that's what matters. :)

Had a fun last day of work thing today- all the astronomy faculty has already left for the holidays and my flight is tomorrow, so I got called in to do an interview on a local cable news channel! My first time as a talking head expert on TV! How can one not say your year ended on a good note after that. 8-)

Anyway, looking forward to a break, and my first Christmas with a certain gentleman. And my parents, as they invited us. Should be interesting, but send help if you don't hear from me after New Years. :P

Merry Christmas et al!
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Rommie wrote: but I am definitely more high than I was at this point last year and that's what matters. :)
Wait, you were in Amsterdam last year but you're higher today? :P
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Thumper wrote:
Rommie wrote: but I am definitely more high than I was at this point last year and that's what matters. :)
Wait, you were in Amsterdam last year but you're higher today? :P

roll:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Parrothead » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 am

Been a busy day. Cardamon coffee bread baked, Angel Food Cake baked, cranberry sauce and sauerkraut made. A bunch of cleaning done and dealing with other assorted issues. Finishing off a scotch and water, then hitting the sack. Turkey will be going into the oven in 12 or so hours.

Merry Christmas, Happy belated Hanukkah, Cool Yule, etc.

Best of the festive season to all!

Cheers, eh! :cheers:
Parrothead

Postby geonuc » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I don't celebrate anything this time of year but I know many of y'all do. So have a happy holiday and best wishes for the coming new year. 2017 has been a trying year for many and I wish it were not so.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Fleece Navy Dad! :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Hanging Around